Rush Common School: Dream, Aspire, Succeed Our vision at Rush Common School is to provide an environment where all learners have wide ranging opportunities to develop their talents and abilities; where both change and challenge is embraced and where the qualities of resilience and self-confidence are fostered, so that pupils, staff and the community develop as confident, independent learners with high aspirations.
All pupils and staff at Rush Common School are required to:
- Be self-respecting individuals who take personal responsibility for their own learning.
- Work hard and achieve their very best.
- Show respect for, and tolerance of, others and the world in which we live.
- Display determination, self-discipline and perseverance and to be confident to take ‘risks’.
- Be able to respond positively to the challenges they will encounter in the changing learning, work and social environments in the 21st century.
Our Core Rules
Be Safe –.We want the children to know how to keep themselves safe and act safely in the modern world
Be Kind – Be kind to yourself and to each other
Be Respectful- Treat others as you would like to be treated
We explore these themes with the children through class work and discussion, assemblies and visits. Within these core rules we also teach the school values.