Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Pupils with special educational needs at Rush Common School are entitled to the very best possible education and the same opportunities as their peers, which is suited and adapted where necessary, to their particular needs. We are committed to raising achievements and high expectations for all pupils, including those with special educational needs.
If you have questions regarding special educational needs, a meeting with our Pupil Support and Welfare Lead, Michelle Ainscough, can be arranged through the School Office.
Our policy for Special Educational Needs and Accessibility Plan can be found under the Policies section of the website
The Oxfordshire County Council Local Offer for Children with SEN and disabilities can be found at:
You may find the links below helpful:
- OCC Local Offer – Everything SEND in one place. The Local Offer helps children, young people and their parents to understand what services and support they can expect from a range of local agencies – including their statutory entitlements.
- OxPCF – Oxfordshire Parent Carers Forum supports parent carer participation, a process in which parents work together with professionals to make improvements to local services.
- OXME – Young people with disabilities should be able to take part in activities, learning, and opportunities. If they are having difficulties, support is available.
- OxFSN – independent information, advice and support by families for families of people with learning disabilities.
- Shift – a local support group for parent carers, with virtual meet ups and support through their private facebook group