Every pupil enjoys their education and their success is built on a solid base of being Safe, Kind and Respectful. Pupils receive an excellent quality of education that allows them to Dream, Aspire and Succeed in their lives.
Pupils acquire, retain and recall a wide body of knowledge and build a broad range of thinking skills and characteristics that prepare them for the next stage of their education and future lives. Pupils are encouraged to be highly ambitious for their futures through a wide range of opportunities that inspire pupils, develop talents and allow them to achieve their full potential.
In order to ensure our pupils reach their full potential, our curriculum is underpinned by the acquisition of skills and characteristics that educate the whole child and allow them to succeed in their future lives. At Rush Common School this means pupils grow into:
- Effective communicators – they speak, write and present for different purposes and audiences, as well as being able to collaborate and work cooperatively with others.
- Critical thinkers – they solve problems, analyse texts, think logically and systematically and are able to test out ideas.
- Creative learners – they appreciate culture through art, music and drama and generate original ideas through thinking from different perspectives.
- Knowledgeable learners – they have a thirst for knowledge, know and remember more, conduct independent research and make connections across the curriculum.
- Self-aware and empathetic pupils – they develop a healthy body and mind, know their own strengths and areas for development as a learner, appreciate their community and different cultures and religions, as well as maintain positive relationships with others.
- Confident learners – they have the strength of character to demonstrate resilience, independence and perseverance.