Rush Common School: Dream, Aspire, Succeed Our vision at Rush Common School is to provide an environment where all learners have wide ranging opportunities to develop their talents and abilities; where both change and challenge is embraced and where the qualities of resilience and self-confidence are fostered, so that pupils, staff and the community develop as confident, independent learners with high aspirations. At the core of our vision is the concept of Rush Common School as the dynamic heart of a flourishing learning community, where mutually beneficial partnerships with wide ranging agencies, organisations and local, national and international communities, enhance the opportunities and experiences for all learners. Underpinning the vision is the following set of core values.
Our Core Values
All pupils and staff at Rush Common School are required to:
- Be self-respecting individuals who take personal responsibility for their own learning.
- Work hard and achieve their very best.
- Show respect for, and tolerance of, others and the world in which we live.
- Display determination, self-discipline and perseverance and to be confident to take ‘risks’.
- Be able to respond positively to the challenges they will encounter in the changing learning, work and social environments in the 21st century.
Rush Common Values
Our Rush Common Values (agreed by staff and pupils) are integral to life at Rush Common School and underpin the behaviours of all members of the school community. If you would like to find out more about these values, please visit our SMSC & British Modern Values page.